Saturday, August 6, 2011

House Cleaning Is Hilarious! I Know..


Occasionally people ask me something like this; "HeyDoug!, What's the funniest thing you have ever seen when you have been in someone's home?" Or, people always want to hear about how many people clean their house before the cleaner comes to clean.. And lots of times they want to know, "What's the messiest house you ever cleaned?"

Yes, the House Cleaner sees a lot of stuff. But he doesn't go around and blab to everyone about people's messy homes. That would be- not so good.

I think the funniest thing I have seen yet though, has to be the bird who whistles the song to the Andy Griffith Show non-stop. No joke. The bird has it down pat. I think he does Jingle Bells too. Seriously.

Sometimes you see other funny stuff too. Kids probably are the funniest. I cleaned a home the other day and the three kids are all across the street playing for most of the time.. and then they all come busting back into the house. Big smudges of fingerprints on the outside door before they even get inside.. It takes about 5 minutes for the house to get kinda dirty again when they all come home. Mom gets a little mad. But not really. They are great kids. We all have fun together.

And yes, some people really do clean before I come. The level of cleaning varies.. Most people will pick stuff up off the floor before I come.. I appreciate that a lot. Then there's the lady who always cleans the night before I come "because she doesn't want me to see her messy house." Her husband and I laugh about it sometimes when she isn't there.

What's the messiest place I've had to clean? Well, the answer is yes. And it's not very hilarious, so let's not talk about that one. The House Cleaner's business is kinda like yours.. you have to take the bad with the good sometimes. It's life in the Big City..

1 comment:

  1. i think its fun and i love cleaning..when i was having a problem before in dealing with house cleaning i always seek some help, because its always a hard time for me..

    residential cleaning pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete